The European Innovation Council and the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency (EISMEA) have signed the first project (DIGIT-PRE) funded under the Interregional Innovation Investment (I3) instrument.
Project Coordinator Magnus Wallengren said:
The aim of DIGIT-PRE is to create a sustainable EU value network that creates value through interconnected activities while supporting companies (in healthcare and digital transformation) to remain competitive and sustainable. to raise. It has a particular focus on consumer digital solutions (TRL6 and beyond) for preventive, predictive and remote care in a post-COVID world.
Its main purposes are:
1. Build a portfolio of demand-driven solutions for the digitization of preventive, predictive and remote care in the health and care ecosystem.
2. Build capacity in underdeveloped regions to participate in the DIGIT-PRE value network.
3. Secure additional investments to support accelerated time-to-market or remaining investment needs in common Smart Specialization (S3) priority areas.
4. Accelerate innovation by providing access to large-scale demonstration living labs and testbeds for solution validation and scale-up.
5. Internationalize to facilitate access to global supply and value chains.
These objectives are achieved through six work packages that relocate assets and network segments as needed.These include
- Pool core competencies, build a common brand, and ensure integrity governance
- investment readiness with demand-driven challenges generated through open innovation space and matching support service portfolio,
- Investment selection by public offering of companies that provide products/services in TRL6,
- Customized support to bring your product/service to TRL9,
- “Buy-in” and sustainability optimization at value network level (in collaboration with other EU programs)
- A living knowledge-sharing process that adapts to changing needs and opportunities with target groups.
Our consortium of partners covers 4 developed regions, 3 regions in transition and 3 regions underdeveloped.
- ISAB Innovation SKANE ABSweden (Coordinator)
- SST STICHTING SPORTS AND TECHNOLOGYNetherlands
- GIP GER-NA GIP GERONTOPLE NOUVELLE-AQUITAINE,France
- TSCP Turku Science Park OY AB,Finland
- HCN STICHTING HEALTH CLUSTERNETNetherlands
- HCP Health Cluster Portugal – Associacao do Polo de Competitividade da Saude,Portugal
- RVa Region VASTERBOTTEN,Sweden
- FbH ASOCIATIA INIT, ROMANIA
- SYREON KUTATO INTEZET KORLATOLT FELOSSEGU TARSASAG,Hungary
The Interregional Innovation Investment (I3) Instrument, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), supports the investment of companies that bring innovation to the market at high technological readiness levels (TRL 6-9), Interregional value chains in the EU. The I3 Instrument is an opportunity for the least developed/outermost/transitioning EU regions to catch up with the more developed ones.
There are two call strands:
- Strand 1 focuses on investing in cross-regional innovation projects in the EU region.
- Strand 2a focuses on empowering regional innovation ecosystems in less developed regions and participating in global value chains.
Cross-regional innovation investment vehicle page